Have you ever tried to configure something on a windows system as Administrator and still got a permission denied?
While the Administrator is powerful, he still can't do everything. There is an account that is even more powerful, it is called SYSTEM. So how could you run something as SYSTEM? Here is how:
- Start a command prompt as Administrator
- From Sysinternals, download psexec.exe and put it on the C: drive
- In the command prompt, navigate to the directory with psexec.exe
- Run "psexec.exe -i -s cmd.exe" (without the quotes)
- Now a second command prompt opens with SYSTEM privileges
- Type "whoami" to confirm that you are SYSTEM
Be careful as with these rights, you can easily destroy a system.