I have rarely the issue that all of a sudden, on some programs (for example Edge and Firefox) I can't see the top part of the Window anymore.
Preconditions for this to happen:
- Multi screen (does never happen on single screen setups)
- Happens only on the primary screen
- Only when application is maximised
- Only some applications are affected, not all (Microsoft Office apps are never affected): File Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Notepad and many others
What does not help:
- Minimizing and then maximizing the window again
- Closing the application and then starting it again
- Press Shift-Ctrl-Win-B. This clears the screen buffer and solves the problem. But it might come back after some time. So this is not a permanent fix.
- Restart the computer (also not a permanent fix)
- Disable Protected Mode in Office (permanent fix, but makes Office less secure).
How to reproduce:
- Open a Word file in Protected Mode (e.g. a Word attachment in an Email will automatically be opened in Protected Mode)
- Then open an affected application (e.g. Edge) in a maximized window
- It will show with the top part not visible