A number of iPhone owners found that "Voice Control" kicks in when they try to unlock their phone. The reason for this is they are holding down the home button for too long. This is, for want of a better phrase, a pain in the face. There is a way to stop it from happening, but it's not straight forward.
First things first, this is a bit tricky because Voice Control cannot technically be disabled.
To get around this you must enable Siri, which overrides Voice Control. Here's a step-by-step guide.
- Open "Settings"
- Tap on Siri
- Swipe to switch Siri on
- Return to the Settings menu and select "Passcode"
- Tap "Turn Passcode on" and create a passcode, if you don't have one already.
- Tap the "Voice Dial" option to turn off voice dialling
- Tap the "Siri" option to turn off Siri from the lock screen
- Lock your phone and see if it worked!