With the Blackberry Enterprise Server you can have the Router component on a separate server in the DMZ. Recently, I had to move this service from one server in the DMZ to another. Here is how to do it:
- Install the router component to the new server (this will install the Blackberry Controller and the Blackberry Router service).
- Make sure that port 3101 is open from your BES to the new router and from the router to the RIM infrastructure on the Internet.
- On the main BES, start the “BlackBerry Server Configuration” applet.
- On the “Blackberry Server” tab, enter the FQDN of the new “Router Host”.
- Restart all the Blackberry Services on the main Blackberry server.
- Check that you have got a valid SRP connection.
- You can now uninstall the Blackberry Router on the old server.